01 November 2007

Send Off Book. Check!

I did it. I sent my book off to the publisher today. You know, the one I've been working on for years. On the project I started back in graduate school. I printed it out in a big stack, burned it onto a CD, burned it onto another CD (just in case), and sent it off.

I don't know what to do. It seems too soon to celebrate, as I suppose there is still one last opportunity for the press to turn me down. "Hey, you didn't tell us it was in Pig Latin. Forget it!" But it feels like I should do something to mark the occasion. Stranger still, I don't really know what to do to celebrate even if I decided it was okay. What do people do for fun these days?

It was quite satisfying to check off the box next to "send to publisher" in my iGTD. Acutally, I had to check off about 10 tasks at once, as I let the GTD slip to get the book done. But should I delete the project? I don't think I'm ready for that.

I think I'll just prep my class for tomorrow. I have to do it anyway, and maybe that will keep me from getting the emotional equivalent of the bends and soothe my suddenly depressurized psyche.